Thursday 29 January 2015

4 Shows I Can't Wait to See in 2015

I'm rubbing my hands together, raising my eyebrows in anticipation and excitement. Why? TV.

That's right. It's been a long summer when measured by standards of TV content. I know, I know, that's not a fair way to measure a summer but as much as I try to shun TV to make way for more rewarding ventures like painting, reading and writing, sometimes the call of TV is too loud to ignore.

And when it's calling you loud and clear, you go to it. You settle down with your remote and snack of choice (and wine, let's just get that out in the open). You search a gazillion channels, TWICE, and find there's NOTHING ON and you spend the rest of the evening bitching about the lack of content and how much you pay Foxtel for it. Then you open that other old chestnut "why am I paying for TV with ads in it?" and before you know it, it's bedtime and you've achieved nothing other than perfecting your ability to sing The Big Bang Theory theme song. It can be a little more than irritating.

Phew, glad I got that off my chest. Anyway, the end - or should I say the beginning - is near.

In just a couple of weeks, my TV viewing will return to shit-hot mode and a kind of fabulous-series-relay will begin.

It kicks off on Feb 19 with Vikings. Ragnar and his brutal clan will be back to, I don't know, take more land and stuff? Whatever they're going to do, I'm going to be right there with them, some sort of blood-soaked vicious weapon in hand, ready to battle even the scariest and hairiest of enemies.


He even looks good when clearly in need of a long bath.


If you're not familiar with Vikings, here's a link to the official site where you can check it out and decide if you will join me on this bloodthirsty adventure: Vikings. Oh, and Ragnar's pretty easy on the eye, too. It's worth noting.

A couple of weeks into Vikings, Kevin Spacey will return in House of Cards. Where do I start with this? I mentioned it last year when I got all goose bumpy over Spacey (which you can read about here). I'm pinching myself that he'll be gracing our screens again shortly with Season 3 of the show that constantly causes viewers to say "No! He won't! He Won't! Oh my God he DID!" I'd better start practising that.

Oh Kevin....


Now I'm quite sure you'll be aware of the next one in the 2015 TV relay unless you're one of the 3 people in the world who doesn't like Game of Thrones. If you are one of those people, whilst you're welcome here, I suspect we'll never be close.

I believe April 14 marks the commencement of GOT Season 5 and I don't know about you, but I can't wait to see Arya continue to tick people off her list. I can't wait to see the Mother of Dragons rock the seven kingdoms some more and John Snow is welcome on my screen any time. ANY. TIME. And Tyrion. And Sansa. And Jamie. Jeez, I even want to see Cersei, evil, evil bitch that she is.

Daenerys needs to punch Cersei in the throat.

What's a little freaky is that there's going to be a cross over period where House of Cards (and, I haven't done the maths, maybe Vikings?) will still be on when Game of Thrones starts.

This is a little bewildering. Blog might be a little quiet around April. Kids might not get fed either.

So, while we're mourning our favourite GOT characters (PLEASE don't let it be John Snow. Or Daenerys Targaryen. or Tyrion. Or Arya. Or....aaaagghhhhh stop killing them!) I'll be waiting for one more series to start, possibly my favourite:

Ray Donovan. This isn't the first time I've mentioned this show (previous post here) and it won't be the last. If you're not up to speed, I envy you, as you have two full seasons that you can watch, back to back, while waiting for the third, which I am guessing will be out around July. That's some sweet catching up you've got.

Ray Donovan. JUST. WATCH. IT.

OK, so that's the next 6 - 9 months covered for me. This is likely to put a serious dent in my 2015 goals, which means I need to churn out about 12 paintings and 100,000 words in the next couple of weeks while getting Madonna fit.

Easy-peasy.

What show are you hanging to watch?



No comments:

Post a Comment